Kangaroo is a Live Physics engine for interactive simulation, optimization and form-finding directly within Grasshopper.
- Download at (http://www.food4rhino.com/project/kangaroo?etx)
- Examples at (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X-tW7r7tfC9duICi7XyI9wmPkGQUPIm_8sj7bqMvTXs/edit)
Millipede is a Grasshopper™ component focusing on the analysis and optimization of structures. At the core of this component is a library of very fast structural analysis algorithms for linear elastic systems.
- Download at (http://www.sawapan.eu/)
- Examples at (http://www.sawapan.eu/)
- Video 1 at (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvKPmIwfJ10)
Karamba is an interactive, parametric finite element program. It lets you analyze the response of 3-dimensional beam and shell structures under arbitrary loads.
- Download at (http://www.food4rhino.com/project/karamba?etx)
- Examples at (http://www.karamba3d.com/category/tutorials/)
Ladybug and Honeybee are two free and open source environmental plugins for Grasshopper to help designers create an environmentally-conscious architectural design.
Ladybug allows you to: import and analyze standard weather data in Grasshopper; draw diagrams like Sun-path, wind-rose, radiation-rose, etc; customize the diagrams in several ways; run radiation analysis, shadow studies, and view analysis. Watch the video on the bottom of the page.
- Download at (http://www.food4rhino.com/project/ladybug-Honeybee?etx)
- Examples at (https://app.box.com/s/npvxmdeukoheqaq5v465)
For designers who want to use the same flexible language everywhere, GhPython is the Python interpreter component for Grasshopper that allows to execute dynamic scripts of any type. Unlike other scripting components, GhPython allows to use the rhinoscriptsyntax to start scripting without needing to be a programmer. Once on-board and with some practice, you can also get the most of external Python and .Net modules and libraries.
- Download at (http://www.food4rhino.com/project/ghpython?etx)
- Examples at (http://www.plethora-project.com/education/2011/09/12/rhino-python-tutorials/)
- Examples at (http://ceco.hyperbody.nl/index.php/WorkshopA:frontpage)